Friday, March 6, 2009

First Email from MTC

March 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Greetings from the MTC

Hey there family!

I've finally made my email account here at the MTC. I didn't think I was even going to be able to set it up here, but I guess I can. Today, thursday, is P-Day for our branch. It's been a great blessing to have this time separated from the rest of the time. I just barely got done writing a huge letter to you so this letter is just kind of a letter to let you know that I'm still alive and everything is going well. I loved the package you sent me. Our district is really cool. Elder Taylor, my companion, is from Oregon. He is really talented at various musical instruments including the piano and he can sing pretty well too. He reminds me of a lot of drama people from High School. I swear all the people in the german branch remind me of other people that I've known. There is just a huge variety of different elders and sisters here. It keeps me humble to say the least.

Dad told me that a mission is kind of like a mini-life. If that's true then the MTC is probably life during High School. There's people older than you who have more clout and say in stuff, but really they have only been here like 7 weeks longer than I have. It's sometimes hard, but for the most part I've had plenty of experience from High School on the subject so I'm not too worried. The biggest thing is just getting to know everyone in the branch because it's one of the biggest in the MTC. It's good to know there's a lot of missionaries going over to Germany.

Holly, how are you doing? I loved the letters you sent me! I'm so glad you can keep going to the temple! I really enjoyed going even when I didn't feel like it because I knew that I would be blessed! Keep up the good work in school and tell all the new scouts Hi for me.
Jeremiah, how's school going for you? I hope it's good. You're a great guy and I love you a lot.

Well I've gotta run, LOVE YA!

Elder Joseph Höhne

No comments:

Post a Comment