Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Letter from MTC

2/25/09

Dear Family,

I'm finally here in the MTC. It hasn't been long since you've seen me, but it seems like so much has happened! After I left the chapel I joined the rest of the elders & sisters along a long maze to multiple rooms getting info, our pictures taken. I had my hepatitis shot given to me so I am fully innoculated! After that I got this huge bag with all my books in it and then found my residence hall. I got my luggage and then met my companion, Elder Taylor. He doesn't remind me of anybody in particular, but the most would be Tom Riddle. The voice is mainly it and his way of speaking. After I got to know him better he is a really neat guy and has a great testimony. He tells me he snores, so we'll see how it goes. Elder Ballentyne from Highland and Elder Leto (Lead-0) from Pennsylvania are in our zimmer (room). They are really great guyes and we've bonded already. Mom was right, I have felt the spirit so strong and I feel so much more excited to be out in the field because everybody else is so excited. I wish I had more time, but I've got to get to bed. They asked me to be teh district leader so pray that I will be blessed. This really is God's work. He loves us and is watching over both of us as I am serving.

Love,

Elder Hoehne

PS--How do I fold the letter?

(8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper was uniquely folded to fit in a small envelope :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment