Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19th MTC Letter

March 19, 2009

Hey Family,

How's everybody doing? Things are still pretty good here. All the days seem to mesh together and then you get to vorbereitungstag and you write some letters and do your laundry.

It's great to here that things are going well. I'm sending a letter with the cards in them so you can get the pictures. Send them back when you're done.

So some new stuff that happened recently-- On Tuesday we got to have L. Tom Perry talk to us about companions. it was really neat. That's something i really need to work on. Yesterday some new German missionaries came and i haven't had a chance to meet them yet. they seem pretty cool though. I forgot to mention that Elder Taylor has been speaking German for quite a while and he is actually going to be leaving most likely next week for Germany so I’ll be becoming a "dritt" with Elder Leto and Ballantyne. just fyi. We also get to see the draper temple dedication on Sunday. SWEET!

I'm really trying to pick up the language more and speaking it. Our teaching skills are also developing. I have really never noticed how important it is to think about the needs of the investigators and really care about them. you can have a whole lesson plan, but if something comes up and the investigator needs something else, you just go with that.

Thanks for the great package this week! Everybody loved it and they all say thanks! Other than that, mail is pretty sparse. Let everybody back home know that they should write! J

Jeremiah, I forgot to write about what you should do in high school. I think what helped me most was talking to people in my classes. Really; just talking to those people who sit next to you in class. It really develops friendships because you see them everyday and so you have some time to build trust. the other thing is to get involved. i wouldn't worry about this if you're going to be in band. Just be happy and don't be afraid to just say hey to people you know in your classes or ask the names of people you don't know in your classes. I've notice even here at the MTC that you need to build a level of trust. nobody is going to care what you say until they know you care about them.

I've seen some other people from school here like Chris Shelton and Nefi Gomez. I've also seen people like President and Sister Childs, and Brother Humphries from the ward. It’s cool to see others going along the same path as me. It sometimes is pretty hard and knowing that other people have done it as well.

The district is doing well. For the most part we are really on task and obedient. Sometimes people slip up though and it's hard to love them. Bro. Lehnart (amazing, from the branch presidency), told us that we need to be slow to judge and quick to love. Despite some troubles keeping people on task, I just know I need to love them. you want to help people, but you need to do it in a loving way. Bro. Lehnart also said there isn't anything that you need to say that you can't say it in a loving and kind way. Keep praying for me.

I'm sorry if there's anything I forgot. If it's urgent then send me a letter and I'll try to write you next week. Tell everybody i love them and I say hi.

Love,
Elder Hoehne

No comments:

Post a Comment